Celebrate Europe Day 2022 with us at the ‘EU Sustainable Food & Craft Market’ on 7 May at Museum Siam!
Every year, Europe Day champions peace and unity on the continent and beyond. And with the ongoing climate crisis, COVID-19 and Russian war of aggression against Ukraine, the 2022 edition is a significant occasion for us all to promote solidarity and sustainable practices.
Organised by the EU Delegation to Thailand, in partnership with Museum Siam, Bangkok Farmers' Market, EU Members States and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, the ‘EU Sustainable Food & Craft Market’ is a celebration of Thai and European culinary diversity and the positive environmental impact of sustainable products.
Join us at Museum Siam from 10:00 to 20:00 and:
- Discover sustainable crafts and food products from more than 25 vendors
- Learn how to adopt a more eco-friendly lifestyle at three hands-on workshops, including a beeswax workshop with environmental activist and co-founder of SOS Earth Maria Poonlertlarp
- Enjoy a live outdoor music performance from the College of Music, Mahidol University string quartet band at the closing ‘Toast to Europe Day’ ceremony
- Explore the Museum Siam building's rich history at the 'New Take on Old Building' exhibition
Get involved with sustainable workshops, highlighting fun and innovative ways to adopt a more eco-friendly lifestyle:
- Beeswax wrap workshop with SOS Earth’s Maria Poonlertlarp and Fashion Revolution (11.00-19.00): bring an old 100% cotton clothing item and learn how to transform it into reusable food wraps. (Free of charge)
- Eco-soap workshop with Ukrainian-founded Bangkok Soap Opera (14.00-19.00): turn waste oil into natural, scented soap and make your own bar to take home. (Free of charge)
- Recycling workshop with Precious Plastic Bangkok and Rethinking Plastics (13.00-20.00): discover how you can easily reduce your single-use plastic waste by transforming plastic caps into everyday products. (Free of charge if you bring plastic caps or purchase a recycled product for THB 100)
Enjoy sustainable crafts and organic food from more than 25 Thai and European vendors and learn how to live a healthier life from those who practise what they preach.