University of Twente
THE UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE IS A SMART LIVING LAB WHERE TALENTED STUDENTS AND STAFF PROVIDE GROUNDBREAKING RESEARCH, EXCITING INNOVATIONS AND INSPIRING EDUCATION.
At the University of Twente, we are pioneers in fusing technology, science and engineering with social sciences to impact the world around us. Our driving force as students, scientists and educators is a deep sense of connection with people who share a curious, entrepreneurial spirit.
A LIVING SMART CAMPUS WHERE CHANGE BEGINS
The University of Twente is a multicultural community of talented, ambitious people that offers students, scientists and educators from around the world the best possible conditions:
- An innovative and vibrant campus with world-class facilities for crossing boundaries and solving complex problems – including state-of-the-art facilities, such as our world-renowned NanoLab, our newly formed Designlab and a new Technical Medical Centre currently.
- An engineering approach to societal challenges, merging fundamental technological and social science research with systematic solution designing.
- Core technologies, among the world’s best, in fields such as nanotechnology and biomedical engineering, IT, robotics and geo-information science.
- Highly personal education, applying student-driven learning and project-based teamwork to foster synergy, (self-)discovery and out of the box problem-solving.
- An outstanding track record in value creation, starting up and spinning off new businesses (with some 1,000 successful ventures to date) and giving shape to new expressions of social and industrial engagement.
HIGH TECH HUMAN TOUCH
Our view of the world, in which you work or will work has led us to a unique vision on education - and on the kind of scientists, engineers, and professionals our future will need. We are facing challenges that are more complex than any mankind has faced before. Solving those problems calls for creative, cross-disciplinary thinking - which is why you will learn to combine technology and engineering with behavioural and social sciences. No matter in which research field and which programme, training or course you follow, we strongly encourage you to cross boundaries, connect disciplines.
YOUR STUDENT YEARS WILL BE UNFORGETTABLE ON OUR MAGNIFICENT CAMPUS: A SMART LIVING LAB FULL OF TECHNOLOGY, STUDENT AND SPORTS ASSOCIATIONS.
Our campus has as many activities to offer as a small city. The campus provides talented students, scientists and professors with a fascinating learning, working and living environment.
It's a wonderful place where you follow academic education and apply your new skills in the various state-of-the-art labs. You will be part of a dynamic community where more than 12,000 students and 3,700 staff members, representing around a hundred nationalities, use the latest knowledge and technology for a better future. This campus could also be yours!
The City of Enschede
THE CITY OF ENSCHEDE IS VERY POPULAR AMONG STUDENTS BECAUSE OF ITS NUMEROUS ASSOCIATIONS, COSY RESTAURANTS AND FRIENDLY, PERSONAL ATMOSPHERE.
With over 160,000 inhabitants, Enschede is the largest city in the east of the Netherlands. Enschede is a city of knowledge and innovation. A place where people still see each other and give each other space. On the border of the Netherlands and the European hinterland, it is an entrepreneurial and tolerant city with over 150 nationalities.
A LIVELY STUDENT CITY
Over 30,000 students study at the University of Twente, Saxion University of Applied Sciences, ArtEZ Conservatoire or AKI. With this number of students and a wide range of clubs and bars, Enschede has earned the right to call itself a vibrant student city. And an international city! Thanks to the University of Twente's international profile and its location close to the German border, the campus - with more than 100 nationalities - is a multicultural community. The University of Twente invariably ends up in the top lists of institutions with the most foreign students.