THE SINGLE PUBLIC DISTANCE EDUCATION UNIVERSITY IN PORTUGAL
Universidade Aberta (UAb) is the single public distance education university in Portugal oriented to education without geographical borders or physical barriers, and giving special emphasis to the expansion of the Portuguese language and culture within the Lusophony space.
Since its inception in 1988, UAb has been the reference institution for the e-learning in Portugal.
Study at the Universidade Aberta of Portugal, a public, digital and networked University, and learn about its different higher education study programs: exclusive online programs that meet the needs of the market, from bachelor’s, masters and doctorates degrees as well and post-doctorates programs to lifelong learning courses. Based on a virtual geography, the Universidade Aberta of Portugal anticipates the future, linking people to new knowledge and new opportunities. With over 30 years of experience, the Universidade Aberta of Portugal gives you the possibility to learn whenever and wherever you want, anytime and anywhere, without geographical or time constraints!
Mathematics & Statistics
Universidade Aberta's Virtual® Pedagogical Model is based on the use of an e-learning platform in which students meet all the information needed to carry out and manage their learning track: access to pedagogical materials and tasks to be developed; dedicated spaces for communicating, sharing and building knowledge; evaluation processes. Communication with teachers is preferably carried out in asynchronously, enabling a large flexibility and autonomy in the management of the learning process. All students who join for the first time Universidade Aberta have to attend to Online Adaptation Module (free), aiming at a better integration into the University’s specific teaching model.
- Quality teaching, research and management;
- Recognition: for its elearning model and for the quality of its academic, research and edited works;
- Student-centred teaching: creates conditions for a close link between studies and the specific knowledge, interests and needs of each student;
- Flexibility: adapts to the personal and professional reality of each, allowing you to set the pace and time, regardless of where you are;
- Interactivity: creation of a student community where it interacts in a global way and of which everyone is part, generating shared knowledge.