Técnico Lisboa Universidade de Lisboa
Técnico Lisboa was founded on 1911, and is the largest school of Architecture, Engineering, Science and Technology in Portugal, involving a community of over 10,000 people.
Técnico offers over 80 academic programmes of 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles with a strong investment in continuous training.
- According to the QS Ranking, in Portugal, Técnico Lisboa is ranked #1
- Among the Europe top #17 Higher Education Institutions in Engineering
- #1 in Portugal and #104 in Europe according to ARWU (Academic Ranking World Universities)
- With three 3 campuses located in Lisbon, Oeiras and Loures, Técnico becomes a reality full of contrasts between the proximity of the Atlantic Ocean and the Tagus River as well as the center of Lisbon, providing this way an unique experience.
- Student groups at Técnico play an important role in school’s life, contributing to a full academic integration and supporting students throughout their academic journey. You cand find more information here.
- Técnico also promotes academic spirit through a set of extracurricular activities in a multicultural atmosphere, fostering interaction among students, faculty, researchers and staff. Know more here.
1.Is it necessary to validate/apostille documents?
It is not necessary to validate/apostille documents for the online applications to Técnico Lisboa. This will only be necessary for enrollment purposes. In case of acceptance it will be necessary present the original validated or certified documents, as this is the only way the documents become legal in Portuguese territory. Please note that your enrollment will only be valid upon arrival and validation of your documents by Técnico Lisboa’s officers.
Documents may be certified or validated through:
2. Are there any discounts or scholarships available?
Técnico Lisboa offers the possibility, after finishing the first semester, to request a curricular evaluation and, by means of your academic success, you may be granted a reduction of up to 50% in the annual tuition fee. This review of the reduction will be evaluated and requested annually.
Please contact us for further information.
3. How many intakes exist?
There is only one intake per academic year. Always in September, for the Fall/Autum intake.
4. How does the school/academic year work at Técnico Lisboa?
The school year in Portugal is divided in 2 semesters. The first semester begins in September and ends in January. The second semester starts in February and ends in July. The school calendar is available HERE.
5. How much is the tuition for International Students and what options are available for payment?
The tuition for international students is 7,000 euros per academic year. The payment can be made in installments, being that 2,000 euros are paid in the pre-registration, if accepted, and correspond to the first two installments. The remaining 5,000 euros can be paid in 10 installments, 500 euros each, paid until the 8th of each month. For more information consult the Tuition Regulation for 1st, 2nd and Integrated Cycles.
6. What is the difference between 1st (Bachelor Degree) and 2nd study cycle (Master Degree), in regards to job opportunities?
The 1st study cycle structure has no professional goals. One cannot, however, confuse professionalism with employability; the 1st cycle of studies will ensure a set of skills necessary to integrate the graduates in the labour market.
The 2nd cycle will allow students to deepen their knowledge, empowering them for a professional development activity, enhancing skills and project concept in the specialised field of work.
7. If I graduate at Técnico Lisboa will I encounter a prompt placement in the labour market?
According to data of May 2020, it shows that 44,1% of IST students are employed before concluding the course (MSc) and an average of 91,4% in the first 6 months after completion. 73% of 2nd Cycle graduates are employed in their field of study. The strategic study on employability of IST students can be found in the webpage of IST Graduate Employability Observatory.